“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” — Proverb
She is a trained yoga instructor, as well as a loving student. During her ten years as a yoga student, she had the privilege to work with amazing teachers from several modalities. Her training includes a 200hr Yoga Certification with Kristine Kaoverii Weber and Samantha Sukalpa Noto in Charlotte, North Carolina, a 200hr Subtle Yoga Teacher Training, and certifications in Reiki Level I and II. She also is in the midst of completing a 500hr certification in Therapeutic Yoga.
Mariana has a variety of teaching experiences and has lead classes in both English and Spanish. In Tampa, she teaches Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga classes at Powerhouse Gym, and in Charlotte, she taught at Be Yoga Studio, Carolina Wellness Center, Holy Comforter Episcopal Church, and Kneads for Touch Farm. Certified in Kids Yoga, Mariana has also lead yoga classes for children.
Meditation is also a big part of Mariana’s practice. She took meditation classes with Sid Jordan, (Vishvamitra) Executive Director of The Prama Institute in Asheville, North Carolina, and has incorporated meditation practice as part of her daily routine for the past four years.
- Yoga for Anxiety and Stress Relief (helping lower cortisol levels in the body and balance the nervous system)
- Yin Yoga (allowing the body to release tension in a deeper way as well as facilitating a space for emotional expression)
- Yoga for Lower Back Pain
- Meditation Made Simple / The Power of Pranayama (breath work)
Additional Areas of Practice
- Yoga Classes based on need of client
- Yoga for PTSD
- Yoga for Weight Loss
- Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep, a state of conscious deep sleep for extreme relaxation)
- BA in Psychology, Child and Family Development, University of North Carolina
- BS in Preschool Education, AVEPANE Institute (Caracas, Venezuela)